Are you a new graduate or licensed professional in the beauty industry looking for a new job? If so, a career fair is a great way to meet potential employers and learn about new opportunities. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a beauty industry career fair:
- Research the companies that will be attending. Before you go to the career fair, take some time to research the companies that will be there. This will help you focus your time and energy on the companies that are the best fit for you. You can find information about the companies online, or by asking your friends, family, or mentors for recommendations.
- Dress professionally. First impressions matter, so make sure you dress professionally for the career fair. This doesn’t mean you have to wear a suit, but you should dress in a way that makes you feel confident and polished.
- Bring your resume and portfolio. Be sure to bring your resume and portfolio to the career fair. This will give you something to give to potential employers when you meet with them. Make sure your resume is up-to-date and highlights your skills and experience. Your portfolio should showcase your best work.
- Be prepared to answer questions. Potential employers will likely ask you questions about your experience, skills, and goals. Be prepared to answer these questions in a clear and concise way. Practice answering these questions in advance so that you can deliver confident answers at the career fair.
- Follow up after the career fair. After the career fair, be sure to follow up with the companies that you met with. This shows that you’re interested in the position and that you’re a serious candidate. You can follow up by sending a thank-you note or by emailing the company to reiterate your interest.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success at a beauty industry career fair. So what are you waiting for? Start preparing today!
American Beauty School Career Fair
American Beauty School is hosting a career fair on June 7th, 2023 from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. This is a great opportunity to meet potential employers and learn about new opportunities in the beauty industry.
If you’re a new graduate or licensed professional in the beauty industry looking for a new job, be sure to attend the American Beauty School Career Fair. We’ll have representatives from a variety of salons and spas in attendance, so you’re sure to find the perfect job for you.
To register for the career fair, visit our website at www.americanbeautyschool.edu/event/career-fair/. We hope to see you there!
Here are some additional tips for new graduates and licensed professionals attending a beauty industry career fair:
- Bring business cards. This is a great way to give potential employers your contact information. Make sure your business cards are professional and up-to-date.
- Be positive and enthusiastic. This is your chance to make a good impression on potential employers, so make sure you’re positive and enthusiastic. Smile, make eye contact, and be polite.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you’re not sure about something, don’t be afraid to ask a question. Potential employers will appreciate your willingness to learn.
- Have fun! A career fair is a great opportunity to meet new people and learn about new opportunities. So relax, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
About American Beauty School
American Beauty School has been proudly educating aspiring beauty pros for over 50 years in our Bronx neighborhood. Feel free to contact us with any questions 718-931-7400.